- To establish, maintain, run, manage and administer aid programmes providing relief and help to the needy, the poor and the destitute , to grant relief donation for and during calamities, to undertake such charitable and philanthropic activities which in the opinion of the organization would assist and benefit mankind and to work for the alleviation of human sufferings.
- To work, undertake, execute and support activities for making a positive different to maximum number of people and communities by becoming a catalysts of social progress through health and nutrition research, outreach and relevance.
- To generally contribute towards elimination of malnutrition and support all efforts and works carried on by any other person or organization for the same purpose.
Started as an effort in 2007, and established as a formal legal entity in August 2009, Thali has effectively completed many projects to date, and currently working on the following four:
- Smiles Of Youth – an oral health awareness, diagnosis and treatment for those who do not have access to dental facilities.
- Food For Thought – Working with local free schools to provide them meals, stationery, arrange annuals events, outings and provide medical support.
- Be My Guest – Rescuing excess meals from restaurants/hotels/private parties, repacking it and distributing it to the less fortunate at our marked locations around Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
- Feed A Family – Providing ration bags with basic amenities including flour, sugar, tea, cooking oil and spices to low income families identified through a specified process.
With operations in Islamabad & Rawalpindi, Thali aims at spreading its target beneficiaries to other cities in Pakistan, sustaining every man, woman and child neglected by society by giving them a helping hand, a reason to smile and eventually instating a self-dependency to face life with full vigor.